Department: Information Technology
Reporting to: IT Manager
The Application Architect’s role is to plan, coordinate, architect, and supervise all activities related to the integration of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application architecture blueprint for the organization. This individual will oversee testing of the interoperability of application modules under development by in-house software development teams, commercial off-the-shelf software deployed in the organization, and with external third parties as necessary. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and maintain an integration architecture blueprint for the organization.
- Designing, configuring, and deploying functionalities in Microsoft Dynamics
- Leads analysis of business process, and provides expert guidance, creative solutions, best approaches, and practices
- Clear communication and documentation of system and solution specifications to company and team associates
- Perform a lead consultant role on larger projects
- Analyze business needs and objectives and provide in-depth application expertise in targeted business areas
- Streamline business processes to achieve greater ROI within the context of the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Orchestrate integration projects and corresponding strategies between business units and development teams.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new application integration technology into the existing AI environment.
- Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Act as a trusted advisor to project team in support of ERP implementations
- Ensure that integration planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic vision.
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Provide training to staff to perform day-to-day activities in support of ERP implementation
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on integration products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of newly integrated software programs and applications.
- Liaise with software developers and engineers to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
- Build relationships with software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics ERP solution.
- Support Office 365 online including SharePoint.
- Understanding of SQL server and how it works with Dynamics.
- Strong knowledge of process modeling and optimization.
- Understand project management concepts and methodologies.
- Reporting- including SSIS, Power BI, Cubes
- Knowledge of X++ and C+ programming languages
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- University degree in Information Systems or 8 years of Dynamics AX or F&O experience or equivalent combination.
- At least one full Dynamics F&O ERP implementation.
- Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST) or equivalent is an asset.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Core Competencies identified for this position:
- Planning & Organization
- Problem Solving & Judgment
- Strategic Thinking
- Attendance & Absenteeism
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume.
Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process. Candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance so arrangements can be made.