Dynamics AX Functional/Support – Calgary, AB
Reporting to: IT Manager
The Dynamics AX Functional/Support is responsible for providing support for diagnosing and debugging application and hardware issues. Must have a strong knowledge of infrastructure environments as well as various application technologies. They will work closely with third party application developers and support teams. The support covers multiple lines of business and a wide range of software and hardware platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field incoming help requests (Service Desk Plus)
- Support Dynamics ERP AX solution
- Support legacy applications
- Support hardware printer, desktops, etc.
- Office 365 online
- Functional and technical requirement gathering and documentation
- Work as part of the testing team to valuate application releases to help ensure the application is ready for deployment
- Fit-Gap analysis
- Prioritize and schedule problems
- Work closely with application developers and operations areas to resolve issues
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests including training
- Create users how-to and FAQ. Update run book documentation
- Help with development of I.T. procedures
- Communication with technology and business partners
- Translating Application support issues into service impact assessments
- Work with Incident Management to resolve application-specific service impacts
- Work with various groups to resolve escalated issues that require application modifications
- Participate in Change, Incident, Event and Problem Management processes as needed
- Identify, evaluate and recommend monitoring points
- Identify process deficiencies and help drive cross-functional correction strategies
- Analyze failed releases for opportunities to prevent recurrent failures
- Monitoring of VMware environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Dynamics AX ERP – 4 to 6 years of design and implementation. Some of which much be with 2012 R2 or newer
- Dynamics Modules – Finance, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Warehousing, Logistics and Sales.
- Dynamics Implementation – Experience in ERP implementation principles, practices and methodologies. Experience with Microsoft Life cycle services a plus
- Business Analyst – At least 2 years’ experience mapping business processes. Experience in engaging users and stakeholders to gather requirements, lead workshops, etc
- Distribution – Experience with Distribution a plus
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills – Ability to maintain a high level of ownership and manage complex tasks from beginning to end
- ITSM – Understands and can apply the concepts for the following ITSM best practices: Incident Management, Event Management, Problem Management and Change Control
- Time management and organizational skills – is a self-starter and is able to manage several different tasks and priorities simultaneously. Has knowledge and theory of principles for project management. Has the ability to understand project life cycles and can support work activities in different stages simultaneously.
- Interpersonal and communication skills – Actively works to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and service providers; can effectively communicates in writing and verbally key concepts, issues and risks in a clear, concise and timely manner
- English – Fluent
- Application support – including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office
- Hardware support – including Desktops, thin clients, printers and copiers
- VMware – Experience working with VMware environment
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, minimum 2-4 years of professional experience
- Minimum 4 to 6 years’ experience Dynamics AX ERP; 2012 R2 or new experience; experience supporting production, development & QA environments
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Windows technologies
- ITSM Certification, considered an asset
Core Competencies identified for this position:
- Planning & Organization
- Problem Solving & Judgment
- Strategic Thinking
- Attendance & Absenteeism
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume.
Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process. Candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance so arrangements can be made.
Apply: Dynamics AX Functional/Support – Calgary, AB