Help Desk Technician – London, ON
Reporting to: IT Manager
The Help Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone, e-mail and help desk.
- Document all incoming help requests in help desk application (Service Desk Plus).
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Help with development of I.T. procedures
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Create users how-to and FAQ to be stored in help desk application.
- Support end-users applications.
- Support office 365 on-line.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Application support including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Dynamics AX.
- Experience with Desktop support
- Experience working in a Citrix environment.
- Experience working with VMware environment
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Use of Bomgar remote support application is an asset.
- Mac support an asset but not required
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Core Competencies identified for this position:
- Planning & Organization
- Problem Solving & Judgment
- Strategic Thinking
- Attendance & Absenteeism
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume.
Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process. Candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance so arrangements can be made.
Apply: Help Desk Technician – London, ON