Reporting to: Digital Content Manager
Reporting to the Marketing Manager the Marketing Assistant is responsible for supporting the development and execution of marketing campaigns that maximize awareness of Parts Canada, its exclusive brands and extensive line of specialty power sport equipment, apparel and accessories.
Our successful candidate will work in a collaborative environment, within the ever-changing, fast-paced powersport industry. We are seeking a highly creative self-starter who takes initiative and has the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining superior attention to detail and follow through. The Marketing Assistant is responsible for supporting the Marketing Manager in all aspects of Parts Canada’s marketing activity. Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Assistant will take a hands-on approach in the day-to-day tasks of our marketing projects. This role is ideal for someone who can think both analytically and creatively with great attention to detail. The successful candidate is a team player with demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and facilitate multiple marketing programs, projects and events. Think you have what it takes? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Marketing Department in creating and maintaining all aspects of advertising and communications
- Assist in the management of our websites and digital platforms including uploading, editing, and scheduling content.
- Download, clean, and organize traffic reports from our websites
- Assist in sourcing part images, data, and information as needed
- Assist in developing and managing our social media channels including uploading, editing, and scheduling content on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Provide support with all aspects of email marketing including management of contact list, Scheduling Email Campaigns, testing emails, translating email copy.
- Assist in managing database of part images on our internal DAM, including using camera equipment to capture basic product photos.
- Schedule and coordinate sales meetings and webinars with brand representatives and internal staff using Microsoft Teams
- Support all aspects of consumer and trade shows including show inventory, displays, and promotional material.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with distribution of promotional items to our dealers and sales team by monitoring inventory, packing product, and coordinating the shipment of packages with warehouse staff.
- Some travel required (during the week & weekends) to the GTA and across Canada to attend races, trade shows and events as needed and assist with any setup required for displays.
- Provide assistance to the other departments as it relates to marketing where needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Business Administration Marketing Diploma is required (transcripts may be requested)
- Ability to travel across Canada and the United States (with a Valid Passport) with short notice
- Knowledge of motor sport industry
- Must be confident & tolerant of different personalities
- Excellent computer knowledge: Strong Microsoft Office skills are required
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Meta Business Suite
- Knowledge of Adobe Create Suite or Canva a bonus
- Self-starter with the ability to work as a team, or with little or no supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent public relation skills
- Organized, able to multi-task and have strong time-management skills
- Must own a reliable vehicle with a valid Driver’s License, Insurance and a clean driving record
- Due to having to work licensed events, we require this individual to be 19+
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
Core Competencies identified for this position:
- Planning & Organization
- Problem Solving & Judgment
- Strategic Thinking
- Attendance & Absenteeism
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume.
Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process. Candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance so arrangements can be made.
Apply: Marketing Assistant