Network Security Administrator – Calgary, AB
Reporting to: IT Manager
The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable secure operation of communications. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user issues related to data, voice and video communication. As well as the security of our network and digital assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems, software, and clients in conjunction with end users and department managers.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, proxy, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all network equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure system security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Perform tasks necessary to fulfill service level agreements with end user security including file system and database configuration and management.
- Perform and test system configuration backups and restores to ensure system recovery from outages or errors on Cisco.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving on PCI compliance.
- Responsible for the Cisco Unified communications including voice express ways
- Sonic Wall monitoring tools
- Kemp load balancers
- Cisco blade servers
- Responsible for maintaining the RSA VPN
- Working with partners and VARs to maintain the security of WAN
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications – Cisco CCNA
Knowledge & Experience
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Extensive application support experience with Cisco
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- 2 years direct experience administrating Cisco development
- PCI standards experience
- Knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience with VMware and EMC an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Good project management skills.
Core Competencies identified for this position:
- Planning & Organization
- Problem Solving & Judgment
- Strategic Thinking
- Attendance & Absenteeism
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume.
Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process. Candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance so arrangements can be made.
Apply: Network Security Administrator – Calgary, AB