Product Manager / Distribution Purchaser – Calgary, AB/ London, ON
Reporting to: Purchasing Manager
The Product Manager is responsible for an assigned product portfolio in order to meet the purchasing needs of Parts Canada. This position requires essential distribution or retail purchasing skills and the ideal candidate will have experience managing a large volume of sku’s and/or vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and improve product offerings with input from suppliers, management and sales force
- Manage, maintain and grow supplier base by developing long term professional relationships with key vendors
- Manage SKU information including current, discontinued, and obsolete items
- Ensure customer requirements are met by maintaining a superior fill rate by reviewing forecasted balance on hand and expediting orders when required
- Manage product cost and set industry pricing determined by company set margins as well as industry trends
- Maintain forecasts and purchase inventory items from international and domestic sources
- Prepare and provide the warehouse and accounting department with supporting documentation (invoices, authorizations and purchase orders)
- Control and follow up on the status of purchase orders to ensure on time delivery
- Resolve any vendor performance issues
- Reconcile invoicing and receiving discrepancies
- Manage product catalogue development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Completed (or enrolled in) 2 year SMT diploma with 3 years distribution or retail purchasing experience
- Knowledge of the power sports industry is an asset
- Background in forecasting and buying for a distribution or retail business servicing other markets will be considered as an alternative to experience within our industry
- Ability to identify errors or inconsistencies and request contingency plans
- Exceptional communication skills, including managing vendor relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possess initiative, common sense and ability to interpret data
- Must be proficient using – Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- AX Dynamics experience will be considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
We offer a dynamic working environment that encourages excellence, growth and achievement. A place where continued personal and professional growth is encouraged and supported. It’s an environment ideally suited for energetic, results-driven team players.
Benefits Program for all employees, after a 3 month probationary period includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Health care spending account
- 2 Weeks of vacation to start, plus flex and sick time
- RRSP company matching program
- Employee account with product discounts
- Employee referral bonuses
- Training and development opportunities
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume.
Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process. Candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance so arrangements can be made.
Apply: Product Manager / Distribution Purchaser – Calgary, AB/ London, ON