Warehouse Technician – London, ON
Warehouse Technician General Summary
The Warehouse Technician is responsible for providing support to the smooth operations of the warehouse. This position is location in our London, Ontario location.
Warehouse Technician Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a firm understanding of all warehouse processes including receiving, labelling, stocking, picking, packing and inventory control
- Operates computerized inventory control systems
- Performs minor warehouse maintenance and cleaning duties
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Operates a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products
- Handles dangerous goods and hazardous products using appropriate safety equipment
- Ensures safety rules and regulations are being followed
- Picks orders in a pre-determined and reasonable amount of time according to department guidelines
- Weighs materials and goods in accordance with H&S policies & procedures
- Makes labels and attach to product
- Wrap, pack, sort, and stack product
- Responsible for matching required parts/product to order
- Verifies contents of incoming shipments against accompanying waybill and invoice by using a Receiving Worksheet in a pre-determined and reasonable amount of time according to department guidelines
- Attaches a parts label to each part in a visible area when required
- Identifies variances and attach a Variance Report to the Receiving Worksheet and product on “Not on P.O.” skid
- Weighs any part numbers with missing weights in accordance with H&S policies & procedures
- Routes shipments to the proper bin location
- Wraps bulk skids and attach proper documentation to the skid and Receiving Worksheet
- Unloads trucks in a quick, safe and efficient manner
- Perform Stock check requests in a timely manner
- Assists other departments in locating lost product
- Verify inventory discrepancies according to procedure
- Monitor Bin and Bulk locations for accuracy
- Assist with cycle counts
- Route returned and reverse pick product to the proper bin location
Warehouse Technician Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Warehouse setting preferred but not required.
- First Aid, WHMIS and Forklift Operator certification will all be seen as assets, but training can be arranged.
- Work Conditions and Physical Requirements: fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination,
- Repetitive bending, crouching, walking, stair climbing, kneeling and lifting up to 60lbs. This is a fast paced environment where picking/packing/receiving daily/weekly totals are closely monitored. In order to be successful in this role you must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment within the above mentioned guidelines.
Warehouse Technician Core Competencies:
- Planning & Organization
- Problem Solving & Judgment
- Strategic Thinking
- Attendance & Absenteeism
Hours of Work:
- Monday – Friday
- 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
All staff are required to maintain physical distancing, and be vaccinated against COVID-19.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those being considered for interviews will be contacted directly.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance so arrangements can be made.
Apply: Warehouse Technician – London, ON